Ted teaches us about the long tail effect

Due an oversaturation of information in our attention economy legacy media companies only distribute the top 20% of popular content. This is due to the method of trying to appeal to a mass audience, leaving a whopping 80% of content unavailable. This extra 80% of content is described as 'niche' content as it appeals to... Continue Reading →

Advertisements

Hallyu and the Hollywood Adaptation of My Sassy Girl

Stephens, J, & Lee, S n.d., 'Transcultural Adaptation of Feature Films: South Korea's My Sassy Girl and its Remakes', Adaptation-The Journal Of Literature On Screen Studies, 11, 1, pp. 75-95, Arts & Humanities Citation Index, EBSCOhost, viewed 24 August 2018. In this article, Stephens and Lee discuss the topic of transcultural appropriation in feature films by... Continue Reading →

Ideating the Sims of EA

Welcome, to this incredibly long blog post that gives insight into the ideation stage of my digital artefact the "Sims of EA." Instead of instantly revealing to you exactly what my digital artefact is, I think that the best place to start this blog post from the start of my ideation process. This way you... Continue Reading →

Should we consider internationalising Australian Higher Education digitally?

Bell, M 2008, Internationalising The Australian Higher Education Curriculum Through Global Learning, n.p.: Research Online, Research Online, EBSCOhost, viewed 21 August 2018. In this article Bell introduces the 'global learning' approach as a new way to internationalise Australian Higher Education. Bell's method is founded on the understanding that students from low-economy countries can't afford these... Continue Reading →

The Liquid Labour Chain

We live in an information economy, filled with knowledge workers. To sustain an information economy there must be a free flow of information, this demands labour that is always available and unrestrained by boarders. Hence, these knowledge workers spend their time partaking in the chronic task of sorting. However, these workers don't get paid, because... Continue Reading →

Plug in and join us in Cyberspace

The creation of instant global communication is considered to be revolutionary.  However, what I consider to be even more revolutionary is the day this system became a distributed network. By creating the internet as a distributed network users inherently have control over how they connect and what they do when connected. It was an unprecedented... Continue Reading →

Globalisation= Westernisation?

O'Shaughnessy, Michael 2012, 'Globalisation', in Media and society, 5th ed, Oxford University Press, South Melbourne, Vic, pp. 458-471 Michael O'Shaughnessy's chapter 'Globalisation' in textbook 'Media and Society' predominately discusses the negative effects that globalisation has on issues such as poverty and culture. O'Shaughnessy uses the examples of the digital divide and subsequently cultural imperialism to... Continue Reading →

Too saturated for the truth

After the invention of the telegraph people were forced to shift from the process of slow moving information to a word of rapid global communication. Shortly after people began questioning this shift, asking “What need is there for the scraps of news in ten minutes?” claiming that the invention of the telegraph had resulted in... Continue Reading →

Powered by WordPress.com.

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: